I’m getting super excited to celebrate my first official Mother’s Day this year! 🙂 Little Miss came into our lives last June, and being her Momma has brought me so much joy. I have to admit that I appreciate my own Mom more than ever now that I really understand the unconditional love a Mother has for her child. There’s no one that cares for you like your Momma can, and I think that every Mom deserves to be celebrated for the special role she plays in her family.
Although gifts don’t have to be a part of the way you celebrate your Mom and everything that she’s done for you, it is always a nice touch when you can give her something you know she’ll enjoy and that also won’t clutter up her home. I’ve included some little things that I would personally love to receive, as well as a few experience gifts that I think would be fun to do with your Mom! I hope this serves as some inspiration for you if you choose to present your Mom with a gift this Mother’s Day.
Non-clutter gift guide for Mother’s Day:
1. Perfume roller – The perfect little addition to a purse for some on-the-go refreshing to feel spruced up a bit. Ya know, to cover up the smell of spit up and the smashed peas on my clothes 😉 .
2. Hand lotion – I think most Moms are like me in that they won’t spend money on lovely scented lotions for themselves. More often than not I tend to just buy the biggest bottle of cheap unscented lotion for myself to save some money, so I always appreciate receiving the nicely scented versions as gifts!
3. Face mask – Another one of those things that I just don’t feel like spending money on these days, but would enjoy receiving as a reminder to take the time to pamper myself a bit.
4. Flowers – It may be a bit traditional to have flowers sent to your Mom, but for a good reason. Who doesn’t love a fresh bouquet of flowers brightening up their home? I used to think flowers were a waste of money, but I’m at a point now where I really do appreciate them and the simple, natural beauty they bring into my home.
5. Fizzy bath bomb – An inexpensive way to turn an ordinary bath into a more serene and spa-like experience.
6. Margarita mix – I can’t be the only Momma that appreciates a good margarita, right?! It is definitely my adult beverage of choice and something I really enjoy indulging in every now and then after a long day once the baby has gone to bed. It’s something I sometimes feel guilty purchasing, but I try to remind myself that one margarita out at a restaurant is more expensive than an entire bottle that I can make at home.
I think that you also can’t go wrong with anything homemade. I know that I would love anything with a picture of my baby girl on it, or something that she has made with her own hands when she is a bit older. Gifts from the heart are always sure to please a Mom! If experience gifts are more your Mom’s style, these are some additional ideas that I think would be great too.
Experience Gift & Celebration Ideas:
- Brunch served at your place, complete with a mimosa bar
- Or if you still live with your Mom, breakfast in bed is always a classic and sure to please choice
- Treating Mom to a manicure or pedicure
- Taking her to a play or movie she has been wanting to see
- Taking a painting or pottery class together if she’s the artsy type
- Going to a wine tasting
- Taking her out to a favorite restaurant that she doesn’t get to eat at often
- Visiting her favorite museum in your city
Be sure to check out Groupon or Amazon Local for deals on any experience gifts and discounts on restaurants, they usually have a great variety to choose from and something in every category. I sometimes even go on and check out the deals just to get inspiration for fun things to do! If you know someone who is a teacher, you could even buy them an upgraded plus package on Gradecam Grader for Teachers. I know people who love this and use it daily!
However you decide to celebrate your Mom and how awesome she is, I hope you enjoy the day together. And to all the other Mommas out there – an early Happy Mother’s Day to you! 🙂
If you enjoyed this post, be sure to subscribe to join the Embracing Simple family so that you don’t miss any of my upcoming non-clutter gift guides!
*There are affiliate links in this post.