Our road trip has been an absolute blast so far. And I know what you’re thinking…Christina, why are you writing this post while on vacation? Well, I wasn’t planning on it…but I felt really inspired and couldn’t wait to share some of these ideas with you all. Plus Little Miss is sleeping and this is a very fun way to keep myself entertained while being stuck in our hotel room for the moment.
I plan on sharing some pictures and more details of our trip either later this week or sometime next week 🙂 .
After spending the past few days in the Smoky Mountains where I spotted a few trees that are already changing colors, I have been so excited thinking about the same happening at home in Chicago in a few weeks. Fall is upon us!
Now that Little Miss is in full on toddler mode, I’m constantly making lists of fun things I want to do with her to keep us all entertained. She just started walking a few weeks ago and I can’t get over how much she’s growing and learning new things. I really love seeing her reactions to new experiences, and can’t wait to start some fall traditions with her that we can do every year as a family.
I hope these simple ways to enjoy fall inspire you to create traditions of your own that you’ll look forward to year after year!
Simple ways to enjoy fall:
- Attend a fall festival
- Decorate your home with some easy and inexpensive fall decor ideas
- Eat all the apple cider donuts you can get your hands on. I only discovered the amazingness that the apple cider donut is when a co-worker introduced me to one a few years back. Seriously so good!
- Visit a local pumpkin patch and corn maze
- Pick apples at an apple orchard, and then make some homemade apple pie or crisp (and invite me over to enjoy with you…)
- If you live somewhere the leaves change colors, get outside and soak in the beauty of it all!
- Treat yourself to a Pumpkin Spice Latte and an afternoon of strolling around town in the crisp autumn air
- Spend a day trying out some new soup and chili recipes to help warm you up on a cool fall day (if you have a favorite – please do share it with us all in the comments below). Nothing like a nice warm meal as the weather cools down!
- Spend a lazy Sunday afternoon watching football. Although I’m not the biggest football fanatic, my hubby loves it and it’s fun for me to see how into it he gets.
- Watch Hocus Pocus and love every second of it
- Have a backyard bonfire complete with s’mores and maybe even sip some apple cider
- Rake all the leaves in your yard into a big pile and jump in them. Bonus points if you get sweet jumping photos too. I can’t wait to do this with Little Miss, she has been having a blast jumping in and throwing wood chips at the playground lately, so I figure this will be right up her alley 😉
What simple ways to enjoy fall do you plan on doing in the coming months? Any fall traditions that you love?