*July 2016 – I am no longer accepting guest posts*
Please read the guidelines below before reaching out to me with your submission ideas.
A few guidelines that I ask for guest posts:
- Post must be new, unpublished content.
- Posts should fit within the brand of “Embracing Simple”. You can either peruse my archives to get a feel for what topics are popular here, or I have a quick list of ideas below. I welcome other topic ideas at my own discretion, so feel free to email me if you have an idea that fits outside of these topics.
- Self-employment and freelance work
- Establishing healthy habits
- Decluttering, organizing, and cleaning your home
- Simple ideas to create happiness and gratitude in your life and relationships
- Productivity & time management tips
- Goal setting tips
- Posts must follow the general formatting that I use for all of my own posts. Please review my archives to see what I am referring to. I highly encourage lists and/or the use of bold headers to highlight your main points and organize your content to make it easier for readers to follow along. Submissions without some type of list formatting or bold headers will NOT be accepted.
- You are welcome to submit photos that you have free and clear permission to use, but know that I may end up using photo(s) of my own choosing to accompany the post. I will add text to the images myself to fit within the Embracing Simple brand, so if you plan on submitting photos, please be sure they do not already have text on them upon submitting.
- By submitting a post, and any accompanying pictures, you give Embracing Simple permission to use in promotion of the post on the Embracing Simple site and any social media platforms deemed appropriate to promote the post.
- Submit a short bio about yourself with accompanying photo, along with links to your own site and ONE social media site that you would like readers to connect with you as well.
- Submission of a post does not guarantee publication. Publication will be at the discretion of Embracing Simple.
- If your post is chosen to be published, you will be notified and given a date when the post will go live.
- Once the post goes live on Embracing Simple, you agree to share a “tickler” post on your site that links to the full post on Embracing Simple. This way, we all benefit from the traffic. I also encourage you to share it on any other social media platforms that you have a presence on to help increase engagement.
- For any comments that may be generated from your post, I ask that you, the writer, engage with the readers in the comment section of your post. I work hard to promote good, solid conversation that is beneficial to everyone. That only works when the conversation is more than one way.
You can submit your ideas for a guest post to me either by emailing me at embracesimple(at)gmail(dot)com or through my contact form.
I look forward to hearing from you! 🙂