Can you believe Valentine’s Day is only a little over two weeks away? I love holidays (even of the Hallmark variety), and the chance to give gifts to my loved ones. Perhaps this isn’t the most minimalist approach, but I take great joy in finding gifts that I think they will enjoy and put to good use.
The worst kind of gift to me is one that ends up turning into clutter because it just sits around. I tend to gravitate towards consumable items as gift choices since they can either be used up or eaten within a matter of a few months, so they don’t leave a footprint in the receiver’s home for too long. My one exception is for items that aren’t necessarily consumable, but would prove to be extremely useful or very much enjoyed.
I have decided that if there is a good response to this post, I would really love to start up a whole series of non-clutter gift guides for each holiday as the year progresses. I really had a fun time putting this together 🙂 . Please share your thoughts and opinions with me after reading, as I’d appreciate any feedback!
For Valentine’s Day, I’ve put together a list of gift ideas for your Valentine(s) that goes beyond the typical flowers and box of chocolates (not that those wouldn’t be very much appreciated). You won’t find a single stuffed animal or useless knickknack on here. Who really needs more of those? Best of all, each and every one of these gifts ideas are under $10.
Non-clutter Valentine’s Day gift ideas for under $10:
- Art supplies: heart-shaped stickers, crayons, candy-shaped scented markers, or some red glitter glue.
- Valentine’s Day themed book: I love the If You Give a Mouse a Cookie book and found this adorable book in the series that I’m eyeing for Little Miss: Happy Valentine’s Day, Mouse!. I personally don’t consider books for kids as clutter (within reason), but if you already have books spilling off your kids’ shelves, perhaps skip this gift idea.
- Bathtime fun: I think these bath finger paints in red look like a blast!
- Gifts of relaxation/pampering:
- Fun treats beyond the typical box of chocolates:
- This pink hot chocolate is pretty awesome – it changes color once you add hot water!
- A gourmet cupcake from a local bakery
- White chocolate-covered strawberries with pink and red sprinkles
Perhaps it’s just my Husband, but he really isn’t a fan of sweets at all, so I came up with a list of gift ideas that I think he would really love. Hopefully the guy in your life will too!
- For the cigar aficionado – a favorite cigar or two to enjoy
- Gourmet snacks – beef jerky, nuts, or other nicer quality snack goodies
- Microbrew beers that they wouldn’t normally purchase for themselves
- For the bearded gentleman – some beard oil or conditioner
What are some inexpensive, non-clutter gift ideas that you think would be a perfect gift for your Valentine(s)?
Did you enjoy this post? If so, I invite you to subscribe to receive notifications when new posts are up 🙂